Thursday, July 29, 2004

Gaga over Yoga... oolala!

What a pleasant surprise! I thought I would see Min for Yoga; turned out Clarence was teaching last night :) ... A patient instructor with a nice mellow voice, pleasant face and oh that bod (admire guys who can do splits! Did you know that Yoga did wonders to Sting's sex life?) No wonder the class was more crowded than usual (how some of the girls purposely did the wrong steps so that Clarence could correct their moves; touchy touchy). Verdict: I'm glad to inform you that w.e.f today, I am a Wednesday Yoga student convert ha! ;P

What did I learn about work today? (It was nice meeting Paul the Aussie trainer) Business is business - you need help, you have to pay for it; no more 'free lunches' (even if I bat my thick lashes), huh? We'll have to see what happens at the end of this week.

At the same time, when push comes to shove, there is only so much one can do if he is constraint by his experience or expertise... I empathise with my tech team (credit for trying so hard doing so much trial and error on tasks that are 'foreign' to them) Bottomline, do we work smart or work hard? I'd rather work smart (need to weigh the opportunity costs and manage client's expectation)... You can only get away with 'smoking' for so long, right? Hmm...

My dive buddy is really on a roll in terms of vacationing! He's flying to Bangkok next. See him when he's back... can't wait to grab the pics of our Manado dive trip! Thanks Chung Yan for the word of encouragement about my bouyancy; will work on it :)

My younger bro will be having his convocation this Sunday and mum is very excited (she just had to remind me that she was sad that she missed my convocation yada yada yada) Ok, must remember to bring camera then!

Arrggghhh, I need to READ! (What can I say; am a bookworm) Will try to purchase a book at Borders or Kino sometime this week or next when I go downtown.

Baby Don't You Break My Heart Slow (Vonda Shepard:1999)
... I'd rather you be mean than love and lie
I'd rather hear the truth and have to say goodbye
I'd rather take a blow; at least then i would know
but baby don't you break my heart slow...

PS: About Clarence, my alter ego has spoken, ha! For me, I just miss my dar, that's all...

No comments: